11 Aug Why trust a medical translation agency?
Medicine means health, and health means life. So – keeping this important idea in mind – the title of this article could also have been “Why not to trust a medical translation agency?”. Quality is essential. Medical translation field requires further attention to details, even much more than any other kind of translation. Remind that is critical to put someone’s life in the right hands.
A specialized medical translation agency, such as Okomeds, takes care of any detail and focus on perfection. The aim is not to take unnecessary risks which might lie on the translated text. A good medical translation is a life insurance.
Here are some points for reinforcing the idea of trusting an experienced medical translation agency.
– Accuracy: a specialized text should always provide truthfulness, precision, and clarity. Accuracy and objectiveness are needed both for specialized words and sentences.
– Knowledge: a medical translator should know, understand, and be familiarised with all the features of the target text. Otherwise, a mistranslation would endanger lives.
– Professionalism: avoid unnecessary mistakes and perform a professional work. Consequences of a bad medical translation could be a catastrophe.
– Process: a medical translation agency works in a detailed process aiming high quality. Translation and proofreading are not the only values taken into account.
– Specialization: not just a good translator neither a specialized doctor could be the one required for a medical translation. The right translator should feature these two characteristics: both a translation experience and a high medical knowledge. That is the key for specialization.
– Life: last, but not least. This post started indicating that medicine means health, and health means life. According to the syllogism, medicine should never take unnecessary risks as life is at stake. Medical translation plays an essential role and becomes a very important element for consideration.